Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: UFC 222:: Cyborg/Kunitskaya, Edgar/Ortega

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,697 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    See I think that referee shouting/calling stop to action with the buzzer is enough. Standing in does help definitely. But there'd be no controversy if there was a clear rule set. With referees being strict. Taken the damn points off for any fouls included.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    Agreed, it's a rule that should be clear and concise. Points need taken more often, but DQ's should definitely also be more common for rules being broken.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,697 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Holloway was surfing the other day, so he better be good to go
    Was he though, it's looked to me(and maybe I missed something else) that he was pictured holding a surfboard and people came to their own conclusions. Looked like a photoshoot type photo to me, but maybe there was more and I've not seen it.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Only just seen Alex Hernandez "glove touch" and thrown strike. He definitely did NOT go for a glove touch imo. He was running out, someone running out isn't going for a glove touch. Here's the slow down GIF version with no audio.

https://gfycat.com/HarmlessUnknownAmoeba

I personally don't see that as a glove touch attempt. To me, it just looks like Dariush read it completely wrong. Seems pretty innocent to me, surprised there's any feedback on it.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Dariush read it wrong because the way he had his hand in the "touch gloves" motion as he came forward.

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Dariush read it wrong because the way he had his hand in the "touch gloves" motion as he came forward.
    I disagree, that just looks like his stance to me.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Thanks
    For every media pundit or jackass fan that's out there stroking Ortega all because of this one fluke win against Edgar needs to be punched in the throat.

Ortega's been around for a long time, and he's the definition of average. He doesn't land that shot against Edgar, and no one knows he barely exists as usual.

He has no business being in a match up with Holloway. Not mad that he got it, due to the fact that Holl has wiped out the division already but he'll get starched in a very one sided fight.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,764 Times in 4,796 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tex View Post
    For every media pundit or jackass fan that's out there stroking Ortega all because of this one fluke win against Edgar needs to be punched in the throat.

Ortega's been around for a long time, and he's the definition of average. He doesn't land that shot against Edgar, and no one knows he barely exists as usual.

He has no business being in a match up with Holloway. Not mad that he got it, due to the fact that Holl has wiped out the division already but he'll get starched in a very one sided fight.
    Baffling post to say the least. Ortega has finished fights in devastating, hi-lite reel fashion.....his shot that ended Edgar was a clean, precision shot...and something no one else has ever been able to do.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Baffling post to say the least. Ortega has finished fights in devastating, hi-lite reel fashion.....his shot that ended Edgar was a clean, precision shot...and something no one else has ever been able to do.
    Nah I can see where Tex is coming from. Ortega is super average imo, then suddenly he finishes the guy. I'm literally not impressed with anything he does until the finish. Very good finisher, he definitely appears to be the definition of lucky. But of course there's no such thing as luck.

Kinda like Tim Sylvia, not impressed with anything he did until the finish.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,764 Times in 4,796 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Super average???? Dude has super impressive finishes, probably the best jits in the business, undefeated, finished an "unfinishable" opponent in Edgar.....if that is super average, I don't know what you guys want from a fighter....again, very baffling to me
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Super average???? Dude has super impressive finishes, probably the best jits in the business, undefeated, finished an "unfinishable" opponent in Edgar.....if that is super average, I don't know what you guys want from a fighter....again, very baffling to me
    I already said his finishes are very good. He's great at finishing, just not impressed with anything before that point. Definitely does not have the best BJJ in the game, no where close imo. Guys like Maia, Werdum, Jacare, Diaz brothers, easily beat him in BJJ.