Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Conor May Never Fight Again...

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,267 Times in 851 Posts

Conor May Never Fight Again...

Just saw pretty candid interview with Dana, I think it was on MMA Junkie, where he made the point I'm sure many of us have had in the back of our minds, that a guy who just banked $100 million may never grace the octagon again. He said McGregor continues to say he will fight again, and that they were working on a fight for the end of the year, but Conor "wasn't ready".

Funny to me, White responded to a question about Tony Ferguson saying Conor should defend or vacate, which is true, just a question of when, by saying how Ferguson is not a voice he's interested in hearing anything from. I guess when you're talking the biggest cash cow in the history of the sport, which Conor likely is at this point, Tony Ferguson does not have any kind of leverage in that discussion and White dismissed him as such, but in real fighting terms, I believe Ferguson speaks the truth. McGregor KO'd the 155 champ, and he's the undisputed king at lightweight, but unless and until he defends, the whole division is at a standstill...

Worth watching if you haven't seen it, as Dana takes some direct questions about his biggest star, and I thought he was shooting pretty straight from the hip on this one.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,736 Times in 4,769 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sad when Dana completely dismisses anything his REAL LW champion has to say......speaks volumes to where the UFC is at today
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

Mu_Shin (11-29-2017)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,930 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dana saying this seems to me to be him trying to get a reaction from Conor, he's trying to speed up his return to the cage. Problem is, Conor won't be forced by anyone, he'll do what he wants, when he wants.

Anyone else seen the rumours of Floyd/Conor 2? Hopefully bullshit, but seems possible to me.......and I hate it.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just cut him.....fucking guy is a clown. I kinda hope the mob guys in Ireland lay a beatdown on him
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Just cut him.....fucking guy is a clown. I kinda hope the mob guys in Ireland lay a beatdown on him
    He's become a Diaz to me........too much shit and not enough fight, but when they do fight they are fucking awesome to watch!

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    He's become a Diaz to me........too much shit and not enough fight, but when they do fight they are fucking awesome to watch!
    Just not worth the trouble IMO
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just not worth the trouble IMO
    Often what I think when it comes to the Diaz's, but when they fight, I gotta watch.........Conor will be the same now too.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Often what I think when it comes to the Diaz's, but when they fight, I gotta watch.........Conor will be the same now too.
    IF he fights....let's face it, it probably won't be until July that he fights again in the UFC......if that even.
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    IF he fights....let's face it, it probably won't be until July that he fights again in the UFC......if that even.
    He'll fight, but only when he wants.......likely July will be the best time, works best to maximise PPV sales in July usually.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    He'll fight, but only when he wants.......likely July will be the best time, works best to maximise PPV sales in July usually.
    And that can't happen and keep things legit
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan