Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official UFC Cut And Retirement Thread

Mod (aka)                     MMA Crypt's Sexiest Beast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,508 Posts
    He most of pissed of Dana White this kid is a legit talent.

I Suspect he Signs with BAMMA or Cage Warriors or something like that but if im Scott Coker or Ray Sefo im on the phone trying to Sign him
    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,697 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rock View Post

I Suspect he Signs with BAMMA or Cage Warriors or something like that but if im Scott Coker or Ray Sefo im on the phone trying to Sign him
    Sucks for Backstrom, but he did have 2 bad losses. I think he goes away, wins a few and re-signs with the UFC again, he has the talent to build on.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Sucks for Backstrom, but he did have 2 bad losses. I think he goes away, wins a few and re-signs with the UFC again, he has the talent to build on.
    I hope so the kid is Talented.

Like i said tho if Scott Coker or Ray Sefo are smart they sign this kid up quick

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,697 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hope so the kid is Talented.

Like i said tho if Scott Coker or Ray Sefo are smart they sign this kid up quick
    They should try for sure, but I suspect he'll fight in Europe and wait for the UFC.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Thanks
    They should try for sure, but I suspect he'll fight in Europe and wait for the UFC.
    Yeah BAMMA for Cage Warriors or something like that

Thanks
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,248 Posts

He lost 2 of 3 to Noad Lahat and Mike Wilkinson. Who, you ask? Exactly.

I agree with both of you though. The guy was a decent talent, and has a ton of petential to make it back. However, he clearly wasn't ready yet for UFC calibre guys.
    "The Former two-time...
    Undisputed Fantasy League Champion of The Crypt."

-Bruce Buffer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMattThiele View Post
    He lost 2 of 3 to Noad Lahat and Mike Wilkinson. Who, you ask? Exactly.
    If i recall the Fight with Noad Lahat was extremely close and he got cocky against Mike Wilkinson and got caught it happens

Thanks
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,248 Posts
    If i recall the Fight with Noad Lahat was extremely close and he got cocky against Mike Wilkinson and got caught it happens
    Yes, but losing 2 straight and 2 of your first 3 is very often a pink-slip, so it's not a huge surprise. Like I said, I'm sure he'll pick himself back up and be back in the UFC the next time they need an injury replacement on a European card
    "The Former two-time...
    Undisputed Fantasy League Champion of The Crypt."

-Bruce Buffer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMattThiele View Post
    Yes, but losing 2 straight and 2 of your first 3 is very often a pink-slip, so it's not a huge surprise. Like I said, I'm sure he'll pick himself back up and be back in the UFC the next time they need an injury replacement on a European card
    I don't think that will be an option since i got a feeling Bellator or WSOF Sign this guy up

Thanks

Dan Miller, Darrell Montague among 13 fighters released from UFC

By Mookie Alexander @mookiealexander on Sep 1, 2015, 9:11p

Normally at the beginning of each month, the UFC does a purge of its roster and releases several of its fighters (or at least updates its database to reflect that). So it is on this 1st of September that we find out more than a dozen competitors are evidently no longer with the promotion. UFCFIGHTERSiNFO runs a script (then publishes it on Twitter) scanning any changes to the roster, so while not official, this has historically proven to be accurate. The 13 released fighters are:

Light Heavyweight: Hans Stringer
    Middleweight: Dan Miller, Ildemar Alcantara, Tom Watson
    Welterweight: Andrew Craig, Igor Araujo
    Lightweight: Anthony Christodoulou, Yosdenis Cedeno
    Featherweight: Niklas Backstrom, Aaron Phillips
    Bantamweight: Cody Gibson, Royston Wee
    Flyweight: Darrell Montague

The script also noted that TUF China's Wang Sai was pulled from the active roster, but that's been known for about a year -- he's fought 3 times since his last UFC fight -- so it otherwise doesn't count within this context.

Aside from maybe the Backstrom cut, which we noted last week, nothing else jumps out as particularly surprising or unjustifiable. A basic rundown of the performances of the released fighters by weight class:

Stringer suffered back-to-back stoppage losses to Ilir Latifi and Fabio Maldonado, with his only win coming in his debut vs. Francimar Barroso by split decision.
    Miller is the longest serving UFC fighter cut from the promotion. The seven-year veteran had lost 4 of his last 5, including a decision loss to Trevor Smith in July following a two-year layoff from the sport. He is the elder brother of UFC lightweight Jim Miller. Alcantara actually has a 4-3 record inside the Octagon, including a win over Albert Tumenov last year, but all of his losses came within the last 5 fights. The Brazilian was dismal in his loss vs. Kevin Casey two months ago and failed to excite in his narrow win against Richardson Moreira in January. Ildemar is the younger brother of bantamweight Iuri Alcantara. Lastly, England's Watson bows out with a 2-5 UFC record, with his last fight ending in a drab decision loss vs. Chris Camozzi last month in Nashville.
    After a dramatic head kick KO of Rafael Natal, Andrew "Highlight" Craig suffered 4 losses in his ensuing 5 bouts, with his welterweight debut vs. Lyman Good ending in a 2nd round TKO stoppage in San Diego. Later on that same Fight Night card, Brazil's Araujo lost a decision to Sean Strickland, giving him consecutive losses after opening his UFC career with two wins.
    Greece's Christodoulou looked ... well he looked bad. He was KO'd by Mairbek Taisumov and then submitted by Scott Holtzman, and he was scarcely competitive each time out. Cuba's Cedeno lost a decision to Cody Pfister, which gave him 3 losses in 4 UFC outings.
    As noted earlier, Swedish prospect Backstrom won in an upset against Tom Niinimaki last year, but then suffered a shock loss to Mike Wilkinson in Sweden and then lost by decision to Noad Lahat in June. Phillips went 0-2 vs. Sam Sicilia and Matt Hobar, and actually competed (and lost) outside the promotion in February, so this is not technically "new" but it is to me.
    Gibson went 1-3 in his 4 UFC fights, with his last two performances ending in losses to Douglas Silva and Manny Gamburyan. Wee won his first two UFC fights but then was knocked out by Ning Guangyou in May, giving him his first professional loss.
    Lastly, the deeply disappointing Montague came into the UFC with high hopes of contention, only to end with a trio of losses to John Dodson, Kyoji Horiguchi, and Willie Gates.

Bloody Elbow's Zane Simon will have more analysis on these cuts later in the week in an episode of "Cutting Room Floor", which will stream live on Youtube.

Story at
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/9/1/...m-ufc-mma-news