Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1096

Thread: The official movie discussion thread ***USE SPOLIERTAGS FOR NEW MOVIES***

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 855 Posts
    Behind the times I guess, but my two cents, I got a big kick out of "Black Panther". Saw it in 3d, great theater with huge surround sound, and what a great thrill ride. Visually spectacular. To me, it's a comic book story, so didn't get that hung up on any kind of message or implied social commentary, just took it for another Marvel super hero deal. I really liked "Wonder Woman" as well, just tons of fun, although that one had plenty of darker elements....

Didn't get to see the Academy Awards, but heard Gary Oldman won for the Churchill movie. Fantastic performance in an excellent movie.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,764 Times in 4,796 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu_Shin View Post
    Behind the times I guess, but my two cents, I got a big kick out of "Black Panther". Saw it in 3d, great theater with huge surround sound, and what a great thrill ride. Visually spectacular. To me, it's a comic book story, so didn't get that hung up on any kind of message or implied social commentary, just took it for another Marvel super hero deal. I really liked "Wonder Woman" as well, just tons of fun, although that one had plenty of darker elements....

Didn't get to see the Academy Awards, but heard Gary Oldman won for the Churchill movie. Fantastic performance in an excellent movie.
    Yeah Oldman did a superb job as Churchill....the movie itself I liked but I also love history. I feel anyone who could care less about the history of the events would be bored to tears with the movie
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Yeah Oldman did a superb job as Churchill....the movie itself I liked but I also love history. I feel anyone who could care less about the history of the events would be bored to tears with the movie
    So I should probably skip that one?
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    If the situation around WW II during the time of the period doesn't interest you I definitely would skip the movie
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 1,025 Posts
    It should interest you, It was prob one of the biggest moments in UK history, Churchill was the main reason the UK didn't fall to Germany during "it's finest hour".

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    It should interest you, It was prob one of the biggest moments in UK history, Churchill was the main reason the UK didn't fall to Germany during "it's finest hour".
    We've done it to death in school. It's just boring after having it shoved down your throat for many years over and over.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,697 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We've done it to death in school. It's just boring after having it shoved down your throat for many years over and over.
    That's maybe why I'm more interested, because we did precious little on it at school.......which looking back, is weird!
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,697 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Watched Wonder Woman at the weekend, and really enjoyed it......didn't take any more from it that the media want me to though.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Watched Wonder Woman at the weekend, and really enjoyed it......didn't take any more from it that the media want me to though.
    The best of the DC movies I feel
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Everyone loved it, I watched it and found it incredibly boring. Might have to re watch it though.