Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 221 Discussion

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 990 Posts
    The fights themselves weren't too bad considering the card which I think will be the norm going forward. I thought this was a fight Luke would loose considering his habit of dropping his right hand after he throws his hook. Bisping drew the blueprint on that and Branch almost did the same thing and with Luke's chin being in question 1 of Romero's shots should be lots to put him away.

I just don't like the fact of him getting the next shot considering he didn't make weight. Guys not making weight for fights are winning at a high % which isn't fair but Luke never complained much about it. Luke said he might go up to 205 soon anyhow so now might be the right time, 185 is full of contenders while 205 is the worst division in the UFC right now...he will prob have an easier time getting a shot at 205 then at 185.

I was disappointed in Hunts TDD, he stuffed some in the first but rounds 2 and 3 he was getting taken down at will. With Hunts height and weight I would think TDD would be an easy skill for him to master, I figured Blaydes being a big guy and a wrestler would be able to get Hunt down at some point but not as easy and often as he did.

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 4,589 Posts
    I'd love to see Rockhold/Shogun at 205. No DC and Jones, Rockhold is champ IMO
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."

You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.

Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 Times in 4,847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I think he could be champ, unless Romero follows him there!!! Seriously though, he'd be in the mix, Gustafsson/Rockhold could be a great fight.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    This card came at a huge loss due to the typical jackassery by the UFC.

WTF was Rockhold and Romero ever happening? Luke and the champ were a great match up. Whoever won could face Romero next, and you'd have a nice series of fights. Rockhold and Romero should have never been matched up due to the fact that Romero had just lost to Whittaker. Now we have a rematch that not many will even care about. I know I don't, because I literally just saw this fight. Rockhold should have had a much easier opponent so that he could likely breeze into that title shot while Romero demolished some other poor sap that would have increased his value as well, and he slides right into the next title shot.

Now we've got another log jam all over again. Luke will probably take a ton of time off or consider retirement. Romero and Whittaker have a match up no one cares all that much about since both fighters absolutely suck at promoting themselves and have the personalities of a stale ham sandwich.

I've never seen the UFC fuck up a division worse than this one with so many talented fighters at a time when they were all there and healthy especially after it sucked for years. Either now or how badly they've trashed the 155 division. Fuck you UFC.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red Tex For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (02-14-2018),Washed Up (02-14-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 4,589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tex View Post

WTF was Rockhold and Romero ever happening? Luke and the champ were a great match up. Whoever won could face Romero next, and you'd have a nice series of fights. Rockhold and Romero should have never been matched up due to the fact that Romero had just lost to Whittaker. Now we have a rematch that not many will even care about. I know I don't, because I literally just saw this fight. Rockhold should have had a much easier opponent so that he could likely breeze into that title shot while Romero demolished some other poor sap that would have increased his value as well, and he slides right into the next title shot.

Now we've got another log jam all over again. Luke will probably take a ton of time off or consider retirement. Romero and Whittaker have a match up no one cares all that much about since both fighters absolutely suck at promoting themselves and have the personalities of a stale ham sandwich.

I've never seen the UFC fuck up a division worse than this one with so many talented fighters at a time when they were all there and healthy especially after it sucked for years. Either now or how badly they've trashed the 155 division. Fuck you UFC.
    It happened due to Whittaker getting hurt..........not sure what else they really could have done in this instance
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."

You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.

Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    It happened due to Whittaker getting hurt..........not sure what else they really could have done in this instance
    Yea, that injury screwed things up, too bad for Whittaker who if could have beat Rockhold would have one heck of a resume already started for himself.

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    What's up with Shogun? hasn't fought in a while...injury I guess?

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,673 Posts
    with the way shogun has looked the past few years, I think Rockhold would maul him, but then again, Rockhold is susceptible to getting hit with the heavy shots too!

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 Times in 4,847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tex View Post

I kind of agree with Tex here, why not just give Luke a bit more of a gimme fight, more to keep him busy for the Whittaker fight......they could have just went with somebody like Thiago Santos, and if Santos did happen to win, then boom a new star is born. It was tough though, they are also trying to sell a PPV, but it was likely gonna tank regardless.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    I know that Whittaker got hurt.

So what? Why create a match up where your top contender that has never fought the current champ before in a fight against the most dangerous guy in the division that the current champ already beat? That he just beat not long ago. They could have easily given Rockhold a much easier match up along with Romero so that Romero could rise his stock back up again with two or even just one more win, and then you have a fireball match up waiting in the wings for the winner of Rockhold/ Whittaker to fight Romero. Then Romero's rematch up against Whittaker looks more intriguing now or you have a much better match up of Romero and Rockhold after Rockhold had just taken out Whittaker in that scenario. Instead we have a rematch between two guys who just fought not long ago that really doesn't create much excitement, and Romero at this point is also a huge liability due to his inability to make weight and the fact that everyone knows he's a hot piss test around the corner. Lets face it, Romero's always going to be a long shot based on those factors and he's not good for business all around. It sucks because I like the guy and how he fights, but this was a terrible business move that put this division back in log jam status. I'm surprised, because normally you sniff this out just as quickly as I do.

And think about it if Romero wins. Whittaker will want a rematch right away I bet. Who will the UFC have built up nicely for the next title shot? They've fucked this division over again and again. Might as well put Anderson's drag queen ass back in there for a title shot while they're at it.