Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,311 Times in 4,392 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I won't argue at all that it's smarter to fight GSP at 155, assuming he can actually make the weight, but I really only see the fight happen if Conor has something to gain from it, like a 170lb belt. Why fight GSP for a 155lb belt he can lose and be left with nothing, and nothing to gain from the fight too........that's what will be Conor's concern on this possible bout IMO.
    Agreed.....Conor gets nothing out of that fight at 155....he wants GSP, cause he's a name and because (possibly) it'll be for a 3rd title....a fight with GSP for no belt (for Conor to gain) while not a "nothing" fight is small potato's compared to a fight with GSP for Conor to try for title #3
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."

You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.

Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (11-12-2017)

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 942 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Agreed.....Conor gets nothing out of that fight at 155....he wants GSP, cause he's a name and because (possibly) it'll be for a 3rd title....a fight with GSP for no belt (for Conor to gain) while not a "nothing" fight is small potato's compared to a fight with GSP for Conor to try for title #3
    It gives him a chance to win, after the second Diaz fight at 170 he knew that's not for him....let alone one of the best with GSP, if mini Mendez can take Conor down do you think GSP would not be able to do it above Conor's weight class? It's suicide and Conor's not that dumb to realize what would happen to him.

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Agreed.....Conor gets nothing out of that fight at 155...
    It could easily be the biggest fight in the history of MMA. I don't understand how Conor gets nothing out of it.

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tukh View Post
    It could easily be the biggest fight in the history of MMA. I don't understand how Conor gets nothing out of it.
    I don't think it is...not unless Conor gets a crack at a 3rd belt.....it's still a big fight, but not a lot bigger than any Conor fight that doesn't involve a 3rd title shot...IMO anyways

"Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."

You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,430 Times in 4,697 Posts
    I don't think it is...not unless Conor gets a crack at a 3rd belt.....it's still a big fight, but not a lot bigger than any Conor fight that doesn't involve a 3rd title shot...IMO anyways
    Exactly, the biggest fight in MMA is the one where Conor has the chance to beat a legend, but also win a 3rd world title.......yes a defence over a legend is great too, but so would be a defence over say Holloway at 155, an easier fight too. GSP only really has the appeal if the next belt is on the line also.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BluenoseGreig For This Useful Post:

Kickass32 (11-12-2017)

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Exactly, the biggest fight in MMA is the one where Conor has the chance to beat a legend, but also win a 3rd world title.......yes a defence over a legend is great too, but so would be a defence over say Holloway at 155, an easier fight too. GSP only really has the appeal if the next belt is on the line also.
    That's my take. The whole allure to a GSP fight is for Conor to have a chance to make history.....being against a legend is the icing on the cake

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Well whatever. I think you guys are nutty, but, from my perspective, I'd be much more interested seeing GSP fight Conor at 155, because I think Conor has a realistic shot there. At 170 it would just be another spectacle.

Conor may as well go fight Woodley right now. He's got about the same chance in that fight... and the belt could be on the line.

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 942 Posts
    Well whatever. I think you guys are nutty, but, from my perspective, I'd be much more interested seeing GSP fight Conor at 155, because I think Conor has a realistic shot there. At 170 it would just be another spectable.

Conor may as well go fight Woodley right now. He's got about the same chance in that fight... and the belt could be on the line.
    Exactly, he's not calling out Woodley for a reason...he will get killed and he knows it, let alone against GSP. The GSP fight will prob make him the most money in an mma fight ever.

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,430 Times in 4,697 Posts
    Well whatever. I think you guys are nutty, but, from my perspective, I'd be much more interested seeing GSP fight Conor at 155, because I think Conor has a realistic shot there. At 170 it would just be another spectacle.

I agree with all of that, but we're talking about Conor, he likes to make cash and history......having a better chance of winning won't bother him, it clearly didn't when he took on Floyd. As for fighting Woodley now, I honestly would not be surprised if that wasn't his next fight too, I reckon it'll be on the table anyway.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !