Thread: MMA CRYPT Prediction Contest 265 - UFC 217

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,311 Times in 4,392 Posts
    I'll confirm tomorrow night if it hasn't been done by then
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."

You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.

Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 942 Posts
    I know you guys might tar and feather me and burn me at the cross for suggesting this but as it looks like we are down to only 4 full time PC contest members is it time for change? I notice MMA junkie has their contest within their writers but only has the main cards for their picks making it kinda easy when you know the guys fighting.

We do full contests in numbered events and sometimes I havnt heard of half the guys on the cards and then some other cards where I havnt heard of most of the guys on the card, and when this happens I either just go by odds makers or by someone else's predictions, or spend an hr going to sherdog and looking up every fighter on the card.

Would it be better to have the PC's with only the main card fights? or even have only full event pc's on # events?....It's even getting hard to get someone to add up the scores...

If it was fast and simple I think we cold get more people in the PC's...but the way it is its just to time consuming to do, I would try to coax Jfatz to come out of retirement and maybe some of our other members could get back in... just a thought

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,430 Times in 4,697 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I know you guys might tar and feather me and burn me at the cross for suggesting this but as it looks like we are down to only 4 full time PC contest members is it time for change? I notice MMA junkie has their contest within their writers but only has the main cards for their picks making it kinda easy when you know the guys fighting.

We do full contests in numbered events and sometimes I havnt heard of half the guys on the cards and then some other cards where I havnt heard of most of the guys on the card, and when this happens I either just go by odds makers or by someone else's predictions, or spend an hr going to sherdog and looking up every fighter on the card.

Would it be better to have the PC's with only the main card fights? or even have only full event pc's on # events?....It's even getting hard to get someone to add up the scores...

If it was fast and simple I think we cold get more people in the PC's...but the way it is its just to time consuming to do, I would try to coax Jfatz to come out of retirement and maybe some of our other members could get back in... just a thought
    I suggested doing main cards only the last time we discussed this, but nobody seemed keen on it at the time.

I'm not sure it really matters now though, I don't really see any change that will increase participation any more, we're too small a group now.......but if you guys want to try it, I'm cool with it.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I suggested doing main cards only the last time we discussed this, but nobody seemed keen on it at the time.

I'm not sure it really matters now though, I don't really see any change that will increase participation any more, we're too small a group now.......but if you guys want to try it, I'm cool with it.
    It couldn't hurt, I would jump back in and it would be a lot easier for some other guys to get back in if it only took 5 mins instead of whatever time now a guy has to spend going through a full card with a pile of guys nobody heard of.

Brotherhood              2014 GHOST
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    I'll be back in full time once work slows down a bit....trying to get a buddy of mine join too.
    Just because I can NEVER remember how to score my points!
    6 points for winning fighter, then another 2 if you guess the method, then another 2 if you guess the round

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,574 Posts
    I'm game with whatever fellas!! I have been super busy with work but that is expected this time of year. Sorry for not helping out with the scores & stuff!

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Scores may be

1. BigDawg_04 - 52
    2. Kickass32 - 40
    3. D-Rock - 38
    4. JAX - 36
    5. BluenoseGreig - 22
    I get the same scores fellas

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigDawg_04 For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (11-15-2017),Kickass32 (11-15-2017)

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,430 Times in 4,697 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg_04 View Post
    I'm game with whatever fellas!! I have been super busy with work but that is expected this time of year. Sorry for not helping out with the scores & stuff!
    It's not a problem, do what you can when you can......me and Kick will always take up the slack if needed.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,311 Times in 4,392 Posts
    How about when this season ends we go just MAIN card for each event and add in the bonus predictions as extra points to help separate the need for tiebreakers and scrap the OTN contest??? Thoughts?
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."

You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.

Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    That sounds good to me, Easy to get PC in and easy to add up...i'll try to get JFatz out of retirement and hopefully we might be able to coax a few other guys to get back in it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JAX For This Useful Post:

Washed Up (11-16-2017)