Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,493 Times in 4,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    one of the best finishing moves I've ever seen. Jon Jones who??? Mighty Mouse best P4P evvvvaaah.
    It sure was, an unbelievable finish.

Also, welcome to the Crypt, we're a friendly bunch in here Mr Newbie!
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Pay for UFC 216 fighters

Main Card (PPV)
    Tony Ferguson ($250,000 + $250,000 = $500,000) def. Kevin Lee ($250,000)
    Demetrious Johnson ($370,000 + no win bonus = $370,000) def. Ray Borg ($100,000)
    Fabricio Werdum ($275,000 + $125,000 = $400,000) def. Walt Harris ($28,000)
    Mara Romero Borella ($12,000 + $12,000 = $24,000) def. Kalindra Faria ($12,000)
    Beneil Dariush ($48,000) vs. Evan Dunham ($40,000) ruled majority draw
    Preliminary Card (FXX)
    Cody Stamann ($12,000 + $12,000 = $24,000) def. Tom Duquesnoy ($23,000)
    Bobby Green ($24,000) vs. Lando Vannata ($25,000) ruled split draw
    Poliana Botelho ($10,000) def. Pearl Gonzalez ($10,000)
    Matt Schnell ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Marco Beltran ($14,000)
    Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
    John Moraga ($34,000 + $34,000 = $68,000) def. Magomed Bibulatov ($17,000)
    Brad Tavares ($37,000 + $37,000 = $74,000) def. Thales Leites ($57,000)

Utterly mind blowing the Johnson is paid less than Ferguson.

We Are The People!

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,236 Posts
    And Werdum. I get a larger weight class champ getting more money, even if he's a brand new champ
    "The Former two-time...
    Undisputed Fantasy League Champion of The Crypt."

-Bruce Buffer

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMattThiele View Post
    And Werdum. I get a larger weight class champ getting more money, even if he's a brand new champ
    Werdum I kinda get because he's an ex champion, with a long tenure in the sport too, and a HW........that's a recipe for a well paid guy, still should not be making more than Johnson though........and I'm guessing had Lee won, he'd have got more too.

We Are The People!

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 827 Posts
    Just had a chance to watch Ferguson/Lee.

Been on the Ferguson bandwagon for some time, but this was a cut above in my opinion. Ferguson was so relaxed in there, so loose. Even when Joe Rogan was screaming in the first round how Tony was in big trouble, what I saw was Ferguson fending off the majority of those shots, and coming out of a dangerous situation relatively unscathed. Every time Lee got the takedown, which he did well and with strength, Ferguson just rolled with it, and in the end, made it work for him.

Always difficult to extrapolate from one match what happen in another, with a different opponent. No doubt Connor McGregor has power that as to be acknowledged, but all of the guys calling this fight commented several times about how well Ferguson can take a shot. What I wonder about is the wrestling ability we saw on display in this fight versus Lee, another high level wrestler. McGregor does not have that background, and as much as I'm sure Connor has worked on his ground game, he's going to have a serious challenge from Tony Ferguson if they meet and end up on the mat.

While Connor's conditioning has improved since the first Nate Diaz fight, which was at 170 and should really be looked at as an anomalous outlier, I think he might also be vulnerable to the strategy that felled Kevin Lee, who seemed to fade after round 1. If Tony can take McGregor deep, if Ferguson can avoid the flash KO early and work Connor into the championship rounds, I think that fight gets pretty interesting, and I'm thinking also that it becomes much more likely Ferguson gets his hand raised...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mu_Shin For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (10-12-2017),Kickass32 (10-12-2017)

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu_Shin View Post
    Just had a chance to watch Ferguson/Lee.

Been on the Ferguson bandwagon for some time, but this was a cut above in my opinion. Ferguson was so relaxed in there, so loose. Even when Joe Rogan was screaming in the first round how Tony was in big trouble, what I saw was Ferguson fending off the majority of those shots, and coming out of a dangerous situation relatively unscathed. Every time Lee got the takedown, which he did well and with strength, Ferguson just rolled with it, and in the end, made it work for him.

Always difficult to extrapolate from one match what happen in another, with a different opponent. No doubt Connor McGregor has power that as to be acknowledged, but all of the guys calling this fight commented several times about how well Ferguson can take a shot. What I wonder about is the wrestling ability we saw on display in this fight versus Lee, another high level wrestler. McGregor does not have that background, and as much as I'm sure Connor has worked on his ground game, he's going to have a serious challenge from Tony Ferguson if they meet and end up on the mat.

While Connor's conditioning has improved since the first Nate Diaz fight, which was at 170 and should really be looked at as an anomalous outlier, I think he might also be vulnerable to the strategy that felled Kevin Lee, who seemed to fade after round 1. If Tony can take McGregor deep, if Ferguson can avoid the flash KO early and work Connor into the championship rounds, I think that fight gets pretty interesting, and I'm thinking also that it becomes much more likely Ferguson gets his hand raised...
    I tend to agree Mu, whilst Conor is very good, and for sure could finish anyone.......there is no doubt he tends to slow down, and Ferguson being a slow starter could be bad for Tony, but it could also work in his favour. Conor hurt Nate early and blew his load, I could see a very similar situation against Ferguson.......and I think Ferguson is far more dangerous on the ground than Nate is, even though Nate may be the better BJJ/grappler.

We Are The People!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BluenoseGreig For This Useful Post:

Mu_Shin (10-28-2017)

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 4,444 Posts
    Holy crap.....they are estimating 216 only did 120,000 buys.....215 only did 100K.......first time since 2005 back to back UFC PPV's failed to reach 150K
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."

You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.

Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 955 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Holy crap.....they are estimating 216 only did 120,000 buys.....215 only did 100K.......first time since 2005 back to back UFC PPV's failed to reach 150K
    Wow, Not good but at the same time hopefully the UFC needs to realize either stack cards or get away from the ppv modo.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAX For This Useful Post:

Kickass32 (10-13-2017),Mu_Shin (10-28-2017)

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 955 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I tend to agree Mu, whilst Conor is very good, and for sure could finish anyone.......there is no doubt he tends to slow down, and Ferguson being a slow starter could be bad for Tony, but it could also work in his favour. Conor hurt Nate early and blew his load, I could see a very similar situation against Ferguson.......and I think Ferguson is far more dangerous on the ground than Nate is, even though Nate may be the better BJJ/grappler.
    I would have a hard time the UFC making Nate-3 now while TF is hot of the iron....would be a PR disaster for UFC and Conor...hopefully Conor comes out and says something soon....Conor-TF is the Obvious fight to make....I cant see UFC doing anything else if they want to be taken seriously.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JAX For This Useful Post:

Mu_Shin (10-28-2017)

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    The thing is, UFC 216 may not have been a stellar card, but it was a very good PPV card(minus the weird chick fight).......this low number is more on the UFC's complete inability to promote fights in 2017, and their complete inability to build stars. I mean, even the promo for UFC 217 was bloody terrible, they have so many great angles to promote that event, but went generic......it's their own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I would have a hard time the UFC making Nate-3 now while TF is hot of the iron....would be a PR disaster for UFC and Conor...hopefully Conor comes out and says something soon....Conor-TF is the Obvious fight to make....I cant see UFC doing anything else if they want to be taken seriously.
    I really hope so, I want the Ferguson fight much more than the 3rd Nate fight too. The problem has just grown though, those PPV numbers Kick posted there really kinda make Tony a very slim option, because we all know that money will be a huge factor in who fights Conor next, and Ferguson just proved he brings nothing to the table.......and lets also be perfectly clear, Dana has ZERO say in who Conor fights next too, no matter what he says or what we like to think.......Conor will 100% pick his own opponent, because the UFC NEED him financially, and he could easily just refuse to fight. The UFC are in a terrible position to negotiate in this instance, Conor holds all the aces.

We Are The People!