Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Rockhold fires back at DFW

  1. #21
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    55,601
    Crypt Cash
    3,160.90
    Thanks
    6,275
    Thanked 5,248 Times in 4,538 Posts
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Problem seems to be, at least to me, is if the UFC keep making these idiotic fights for 1 or 2 fighters while at the same time holding divisions hostage and pissing of legitimate title contenders, the UFC will cease being what it is....fighters will eventually tell Dana et al to go fuck themselves and move on
    Yeah, the issue would be fine with these fights as long as the division was able to keep moving in the meantime.......but with both Conor and Bisping's belts, the divisions are not getting the 'big fight' then moving on quickly, they seem to remain in flux for too long. If these fights were booked, fought, then 4-6 months later the next guy gets his shot, then it would be pretty much fine........but that's just not happening.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  2. #22
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    51,495
    Crypt Cash
    3,327.66
    Thanks
    7,434
    Thanked 5,129 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Yeah, the issue would be fine with these fights as long as the division was able to keep moving in the meantime.......but with both Conor and Bisping's belts, the divisions are not getting the 'big fight' then moving on quickly, they seem to remain in flux for too long. If these fights were booked, fought, then 4-6 months later the next guy gets his shot, then it would be pretty much fine........but that's just not happening.
    It would be more acceptable for sure.....I mean it still is garbage these fights are happening, but the big issue is it's killing the division and the top 5 fighters in the meantime......speeding things up like you say would go a long way to alleviate many of those concerns
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

    “To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."


    You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.



    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

  3. #23
    Crypter Red Tex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,212
    Crypt Cash
    60,053.39
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 289 Times in 210 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    From listening to GSP interviews lately, and from what the media guys seem to have figured out, GSP doesn't want any other fight than Bisping, for the belt.......that was the only option presented to the UFC for him to return. Pretty sure Freddy Roach said the same thing in an interview a wee while back too. GSP has a 3 fight plan, fight one was Bisping for the belt.......then Maia(should he beat Woodley), for the belt......then finishing off with the big money fight with Conor.
    That may all be true, but its completely laughable to me. GSP gets roasted by the first two either way. Its a reason why he didn't want any part of Woodley, and I'm not foolish enough to be confused as to why. Woodley will stuff his TD's, and knock his block off on the feet. I'm sorry but there is no way that George is walking into the UFC after 5 years off and is going to beat Woodley right now. For GSO to think Bisping is an easier match up says a lot. Bisping is to big and has longer reach, and would likely hurt GSP on the feet at some point. GSP could win maybe, but so unlikely as well. Bisping has fought guys like Hendo, Anderson, and Rockhold in his last 3 fights. GSP in his first fight after 5 years is a cake walk compared to those guys to me.

    So GSP can have this flashy little plan and all, but it aint reality. Its a reason why GSP keeps toying back and forth with this little comeback for 3 straight years and even after his big announcement he still can't make that jump fully. He has doubts and those doubts are the reality that he knows in the back of his mind. George has always been one the smartest fighter that's ever lived as far as knowing his strengths and limitations. George can't fully make himself believe that he can beat either Woodley or Bisping and that's exactly why he keeps delaying this. That, and he's trying to wait for Conor to return so he can try and scrap all these match ups for a big Conor showdown where he has the huge size and strength advantage for the big pay day. His entire existence for MMA right now is just weak all around.

  4. #24
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    51,495
    Crypt Cash
    3,327.66
    Thanks
    7,434
    Thanked 5,129 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tex View Post
    That may all be true, but its completely laughable to me. GSP gets roasted by the first two either way. Its a reason why he didn't want any part of Woodley, and I'm not foolish enough to be confused as to why. Woodley will stuff his TD's, and knock his block off on the feet. I'm sorry but there is no way that George is walking into the UFC after 5 years off and is going to beat Woodley right now. For GSO to think Bisping is an easier match up says a lot. Bisping is to big and has longer reach, and would likely hurt GSP on the feet at some point. GSP could win maybe, but so unlikely as well. Bisping has fought guys like Hendo, Anderson, and Rockhold in his last 3 fights. GSP in his first fight after 5 years is a cake walk compared to those guys to me.

    So GSP can have this flashy little plan and all, but it aint reality. Its a reason why GSP keeps toying back and forth with this little comeback for 3 straight years and even after his big announcement he still can't make that jump fully. He has doubts and those doubts are the reality that he knows in the back of his mind. George has always been one the smartest fighter that's ever lived as far as knowing his strengths and limitations. George can't fully make himself believe that he can beat either Woodley or Bisping and that's exactly why he keeps delaying this. That, and he's trying to wait for Conor to return so he can try and scrap all these match ups for a big Conor showdown where he has the huge size and strength advantage for the big pay day. His entire existence for MMA right now is just weak all around.
    Hard to disagree with this
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

    “To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."


    You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.



    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

  5. #25
    Brotherhood
    Hired_Merc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    7,456
    Crypt Cash
    2,156.20
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Personally think GSP beats Woodley, Maia and Bisping. All by decision too.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hired_Merc For This Useful Post:

    Tukh (05-22-2017)

  7. #26
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    51,495
    Crypt Cash
    3,327.66
    Thanks
    7,434
    Thanked 5,129 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    Personally think GSP beats Woodley, Maia and Bisping. All by decision too.
    I do think GSP beats Ducksping and probably Maia...Woodley is a different animal though
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

    “To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."


    You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.



    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

  8. #27
    Brotherhood
    JAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Great white North
    Posts
    7,564
    Crypt Cash
    5,404.44
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 898 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    I think Bisping takes GSP tough fight with Woodley but he should beat Maia ....Bisping is bigger, longer and has stood with the best mma has to offer, If GSP doesn't get his TD's well, just look at his face after the Hendricks fight....but its a moot point if that fight is off.

  9. #28
    Brotherhood
    Hired_Merc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    7,456
    Crypt Cash
    2,156.20
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I do think GSP beats Ducksping and probably Maia...Woodley is a different animal though
    I just see it going same way Rory vs Woodley did. We all know if you get Woodley backpeddling, he isn't much of a fighter.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

  10. #29
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    55,601
    Crypt Cash
    3,160.90
    Thanks
    6,275
    Thanked 5,248 Times in 4,538 Posts
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I think Bisping takes GSP tough fight with Woodley but he should beat Maia ....Bisping is bigger, longer and has stood with the best mma has to offer, If GSP doesn't get his TD's well, just look at his face after the Hendricks fight....but its a moot point if that fight is off.
    I agree, I think Bisping beats GSP, but GSP beats Maia and has a fairly even shot at Woodley......Bisping, like you say, has faced some of the best and really only lost to superior strikers, GSP aint that........although the eye, and GSP's jab could be the real key to that fight.........not that it seems to matter for now anyway!

    A lot of how we think GSP would do, vs. anyone, is kinda unknown, guessing how he'll be after so long away, and from him aging too.......we really don't know.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  11. #30
    Brotherhood
    Hired_Merc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    7,456
    Crypt Cash
    2,156.20
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I agree, I think Bisping beats GSP, but GSP beats Maia and has a fairly even shot at Woodley......Bisping, like you say, has faced some of the best and really only lost to superior strikers, GSP aint that........although the eye, and GSP's jab could be the real key to that fight.........not that it seems to matter for now anyway!

    A lot of how we think GSP would do, vs. anyone, is kinda unknown, guessing how he'll be after so long away, and from him aging too.......we really don't know.
    Yeah but you think Bisping beats God also
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •