Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Rockhold fires back at DFW

  1. #1
    Moderator
    BigDawg_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Grande Prairie, Alberta
    Posts
    9,851
    Crypt Cash
    1.25
    Thanks
    1,514
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Rockhold fires back at DFW

    http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/16...run-your-mouth


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Moderator
    BigDawg_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Grande Prairie, Alberta
    Posts
    9,851
    Crypt Cash
    1.25
    Thanks
    1,514
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Rep Power
    12
    The back n forth continues between the two

    http://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white-...our-mouth-slam


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    50,657
    Crypt Cash
    2,043.62
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked 4,998 Times in 4,111 Posts
    Rep Power
    28


    Perfect response
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

    “To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."


    You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.



    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

  4. #4
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    50,657
    Crypt Cash
    2,043.62
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked 4,998 Times in 4,111 Posts
    Rep Power
    28


    And this shows just how out of touch Dana really is
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

    “To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."


    You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.



    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

  5. #5
    Brotherhood
    JAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Great white North
    Posts
    7,430
    Crypt Cash
    3,687.16
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 869 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    For sure, if the fans had a poll I'm sure they would rather GSP-Woodley, Bisping -Romero anyhow.

  6. #6
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    54,811
    Crypt Cash
    1,686.60
    Thanks
    6,110
    Thanked 5,144 Times in 4,442 Posts
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post


    And this shows just how out of touch Dana really is
    I noticed a couple of media folks discuss this yesterday........stemmed from one of them agreeing with this, and the other contested how true that actually is. He kinda had a point too. Which PPV would sell more, Bisping/Romero or Bisping/GSP? I think we all agree it will be Bisping/GSP, so is that not the fight that the fans want more?

    I think us in the hardcore MMA bubble often forget that the casual fan is the fan the UFC is aiming at most, not us. Not saying I agree with it, because I definitely don't, but it is true.

    Side note, Bisping said on his podcast yesterday that he and his management have heard nothing from the UFC to say the GSP fight is off, or that the Romero fight is on.........much like Romero and his management said a few days ago too. This is Dana just trying to push GSP to fight sooner, but it could potentially lead to a cancellation, but it's for sure not cancelled yet.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  7. #7
    Crypter Red Tex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,191
    Crypt Cash
    60,016.74
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 283 Times in 206 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I noticed a couple of media folks discuss this yesterday........stemmed from one of them agreeing with this, and the other contested how true that actually is. He kinda had a point too. Which PPV would sell more, Bisping/Romero or Bisping/GSP? I think we all agree it will be Bisping/GSP, so is that not the fight that the fans want more?

    I think us in the hardcore MMA bubble often forget that the casual fan is the fan the UFC is aiming at most, not us. Not saying I agree with it, because I definitely don't, but it is true.

    Side note, Bisping said on his podcast yesterday that he and his management have heard nothing from the UFC to say the GSP fight is off, or that the Romero fight is on.........much like Romero and his management said a few days ago too. This is Dana just trying to push GSP to fight sooner, but it could potentially lead to a cancellation, but it's for sure not cancelled yet.
    You say this and somehow miss the most glaring and easy part of the equation with that statement and premise of yours.

    Of course it would sell more, because GSP IS FIGHTING for the first time in 5 years. Its his big comeback fight. Any fight with GSP is going to sell way more than any other match up involving Bisping or Woodley or anyone else these guys would potentially fight instead. GSP draws crazy numbers no matter who he fights, so it doesn't matter that him and Bisping sell more. GSP's name is what sells more and his name will sell regardless of who he fights. There was never any uproar to have the MW division stalled just so GSP could go in there and log jam everything. Most people don't think GSP is worth a shit at MW, and even question him at WW after 5 years. Dana just can't come out and say that they're terrified to put Bisping in there against any real elite contenders, because he'll get toasted. GSP was just an escape route for that, but it blew up in their faces.

  8. #8
    Crypter Tukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,446
    Crypt Cash
    30,680.21
    Thanks
    178
    Thanked 266 Times in 211 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post


    And this shows just how out of touch Dana really is

    Yup Dana would have been better off not responding.

  9. #9
    Crypter Tukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,446
    Crypt Cash
    30,680.21
    Thanks
    178
    Thanked 266 Times in 211 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Which PPV would sell more, Bisping/Romero or Bisping/GSP?
    I think that's the wrong question.

    If everyone was available tomorrow, the question would be, which 2 fights will sell more:
    - Bisping/Romero + GSP/Woodley
    - Bisping/GSP + Woodley/Maia

    Anyway, who cares? Are we fans of the sport or fans of the UFC marketing department? GSP/Woodley is just a much more interesting fight than GSP/Bisping.

  10. #10
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    54,811
    Crypt Cash
    1,686.60
    Thanks
    6,110
    Thanked 5,144 Times in 4,442 Posts
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tex View Post
    You say this and somehow miss the most glaring and easy part of the equation with that statement and premise of yours.

    Of course it would sell more, because GSP IS FIGHTING for the first time in 5 years. Its his big comeback fight. Any fight with GSP is going to sell way more than any other match up involving Bisping or Woodley or anyone else these guys would potentially fight instead. GSP draws crazy numbers no matter who he fights, so it doesn't matter that him and Bisping sell more. GSP's name is what sells more and his name will sell regardless of who he fights. There was never any uproar to have the MW division stalled just so GSP could go in there and log jam everything. Most people don't think GSP is worth a shit at MW, and even question him at WW after 5 years. Dana just can't come out and say that they're terrified to put Bisping in there against any real elite contenders, because he'll get toasted. GSP was just an escape route for that, but it blew up in their faces.
    Try reading that again, no premise of mine........it was what I read on Twitter. As usual though, you never actually read anything properly, just have your predetermined opinions.

    As for the point you make, I totally agree though. GSP vs whomever would draw, and I suspect a fight with Anderson would do greater numbers than a fight with Bisping too.......the only problem is that doesn't seem to be on the table, GSP only wants to fight Bisping.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •