Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 400

Thread: Michael Bisping vs GSP, no date or venue yet

  1. #231
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    56,535
    Crypt Cash
    4,788.85
    Thanks
    6,491
    Thanked 5,430 Times in 4,697 Posts
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tex View Post
    You won't ever hear me making excuses for fighters trying to do freak shows because they think they can make more money. If he beats Romero, then he only increases his hype, and he can still try and fight GSP if he loses. He already got his "gift" fight with Hendo which I was even okay with at the time for crying out loud. SOmehow that wasn't enough, and Bisping selfishly thinks he can just avoid anyone elite in the division with that stupid belt and he should get paid more money for avoiding the best fighters? It amazes me how you could try to rationalize that and act like he's been anything close to accurate with all his excuses.
    I agree with you, all I'm saying is that it makes perfect sense 'for Bisping' to take a life changing financial fight, rather than a good payday fight. Anyone, and I mean anyone, in that position would do exactly the same thing.

    As for your points, you are correct that he could lose and then fight GSP........the problem here is that GSP would no longer want the fight because no Gold is on the table.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  2. #232
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    56,535
    Crypt Cash
    4,788.85
    Thanks
    6,491
    Thanked 5,430 Times in 4,697 Posts
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    As predicted Bispings knee got real bad and he cant fight Romero and wants to wait for GSP....pathetic, I hope the UFC does something about this coward
    Lets not pay any attention to the fact Dana has not yet offered either Bisping or Romero this fight yet.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  3. #233
    Brotherhood
    Hired_Merc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    7,541
    Crypt Cash
    2,095.49
    Thanks
    566
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 1,032 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Lets not pay any attention to the fact Dana has not yet offered either Bisping or Romero this fight yet.
    This is why I don't consider what Bisping is doing, ducking anybody. Gotta have the fight offered in order to do that. Had same opinion on Ronda vs Cyborg, and it's the same here. Bisping has lied (imo) and is doing something shitty (For division, for him, it's good) but until the fight is offered or Dana tries to actually make it, he isn't ducking anybody. Although after he lied, I'm not inclined to defend him anymore.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

  4. #234
    Brotherhood
    JAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Great white North
    Posts
    7,757
    Crypt Cash
    76.28
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 942 Posts
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Lets not pay any attention to the fact Dana has not yet offered either Bisping or Romero this fight yet.
    I assume Dana knows Bisping will never fight Romero....the realistic thing to do in this case would be to create an interim title fight between Romero-Whitaker, everybody hates interim titles but with this situation guys careers are getting stalled and something has to give.

  5. #235
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    52,413
    Crypt Cash
    723.38
    Thanks
    7,666
    Thanked 5,311 Times in 4,392 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I assume Dana knows Bisping will never fight Romero....the realistic thing to do in this case would be to create an interim title fight between Romero-Whitaker, everybody hates interim titles but with this situation guys careers are getting stalled and something has to give.
    Sadly the interim title, as much as I fucking loath them, makes sense here. With Ducksping and the diva holding the division hostage, let's just fucking move on and crown a real champion
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

    “To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."


    You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.



    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

  6. #236
    Brotherhood
    JAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Great white North
    Posts
    7,757
    Crypt Cash
    76.28
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 942 Posts
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Sadly the interim title, as much as I fucking loath them, makes sense here. With Ducksping and the diva holding the division hostage, let's just fucking move on and crown a real champion
    For sure because if Diva wins he has no intention of defending anyhow and Bisping might just sail off into the sunset after his "money" fight.

  7. #237
    Brotherhood
    JAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Great white North
    Posts
    7,757
    Crypt Cash
    76.28
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 942 Posts
    Rep Power
    12


    After Dana said GSP fight is off....

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAX For This Useful Post:

    BigDawg_04 (05-19-2017),Kickass32 (05-20-2017)

  9. #238
    Moderator
    BigDawg_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Grande Prairie, Alberta
    Posts
    10,280
    Crypt Cash
    2,106.36
    Thanks
    1,542
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,574 Posts
    Rep Power
    14



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDawg_04 For This Useful Post:

    Kickass32 (05-20-2017)

  11. #239
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    56,535
    Crypt Cash
    4,788.85
    Thanks
    6,491
    Thanked 5,430 Times in 4,697 Posts
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I assume Dana knows Bisping will never fight Romero....the realistic thing to do in this case would be to create an interim title fight between Romero-Whitaker, everybody hates interim titles but with this situation guys careers are getting stalled and something has to give.
    See, I disagree completely with that. If GSP had never entered the picture, I really do think Bisping/Romero would have been booked, well that or one of the top contenders like Jacare(at the time), Mousasi or a Rockhold rematch.

    As for the interim belt, it sucks.......but if the division is being held up, then maybe they should do it........at least that way the Bisping/GSP winner would NEED to fight them.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  12. #240
    Brotherhood
    JAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Great white North
    Posts
    7,757
    Crypt Cash
    76.28
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 942 Posts
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg_04 View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could you imagine if bisbing was in Romero place right now....he would be singing a song

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •