Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 606

Thread: OFFICIAL Political and Religion thread

  1. #1
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    52,852
    Crypt Cash
    2,039.33
    Thanks
    7,824
    Thanked 5,439 Times in 4,502 Posts
    Rep Power
    29

    OFFICIAL Political and Religion thread

    THIS IS THE OFFICIAL THREAD FOR ANY AND ALL POLITICAL AND RELIGION DISCUSSION. THIS IS BEING DONE ON THE PREMISE THAT PEOPLE WILL READ AND ABIDE BY THE SITE RULES. DISCUSS, DEBATE BUT KEEP IT CIVIL


    MMA Crypt Site Rules *PLEASE READ*
    Hello MMA fans,

    Welcome to MMA Crypt !

    MMA Crypt is not your typical MMA forum, we're the MMA forum and MMA news site where you'll find respectable MMA fans who want to chat respectfully about MMA news and events.

    Our rules are straight forward, concise, and simple :

    1) At the Crypt we respect all warriors who step into the Octagon or MMA arena to fight, so please, be mindful when calling out a fighter, feel free to express yourself, just add your opinion as to why you're saying what you're saying.

    2) No member bashing : This is simple, we enjoy debate and discussion, just please refrain from racial slurs, no threats or name calling.

    3) Political discussion : This will be allowed in the "CRYPT" OFF TOPIC FORUM, but with strict enforcement of the "Rules of Engagement" meaning no name calling, no racial slurs, no attacking members for their views, debate and discuss, but keep it on the topic at hand and not personal.

    4) Religious discussion : See above, the rules of Political discussions apply here as well
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

    “To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."


    You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.



    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

  2. #2
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    52,852
    Crypt Cash
    2,039.33
    Thanks
    7,824
    Thanked 5,439 Times in 4,502 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    I guess I'll kick this bad boy off with saying there is a group here in Canada that is pushing hard to have the Monarchy removed as our official head of state:

    www.republicnow.ca
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

    “To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."


    You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.



    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

  3. #3
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    57,009
    Crypt Cash
    2,045.57
    Thanks
    6,652
    Thanked 5,549 Times in 4,803 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I guess I'll kick this bad boy off with saying there is a group here in Canada that is pushing hard to have the Monarchy removed as our official head of state:

    www.republicnow.ca
    We have a similar group in Scotland, the fucking SNP.......the same people looking for Independence here.

    I love Scotland, but I love Scotland within the United Kingdom and with the Queen as my head of state.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  4. #4
    Brotherhood
    Hired_Merc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    7,597
    Crypt Cash
    2,010.23
    Thanks
    571
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    We have a similar group in Scotland, the fucking SNP.......the same people looking for Independence here.

    I love Scotland, but I love Scotland within the United Kingdom and with the Queen as my head of state.
    Well we have people wanting the UK to leave the EU, which just isn't smart imo.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

  5. #5
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    52,852
    Crypt Cash
    2,039.33
    Thanks
    7,824
    Thanked 5,439 Times in 4,502 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    At one point I was for getting rid of the Queen as our official head of state, now I couldn't be any further from that belief......most of it (wanting to remove the Queen)comes from landed immigrants from different parts of the world, and yes I'll say it, most of the dissention is from the immigrants of the Middle east.
    “The downside to gun control is genocide.”

    “To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."


    You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.



    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

  6. #6
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    57,009
    Crypt Cash
    2,045.57
    Thanks
    6,652
    Thanked 5,549 Times in 4,803 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    Well we have people wanting the UK to leave the EU, which just isn't smart imo.
    On that issue I disagree, I 100% will be voting to leave the EU. I want the UK to have it's own sovereignty again, I'm sick of unelected people telling us how to run our country, it's just completely undemocratic.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  7. #7
    Brotherhood
    Hired_Merc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    7,597
    Crypt Cash
    2,010.23
    Thanks
    571
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    On that issue I disagree, I 100% will be voting to leave the EU. I want the UK to have it's own sovereignty again, I'm sick of unelected people telling us how to run our country, it's just completely undemocratic.
    Then our economy will take an even bigger hit due to the lack of trading.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

  8. #8
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    57,009
    Crypt Cash
    2,045.57
    Thanks
    6,652
    Thanked 5,549 Times in 4,803 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    Then our economy will take an even bigger hit due to the lack of trading.
    Absolute bullshit, scaremongering by the pro EU brigade......so one of the worlds biggest importers of BMW, Volkswagen, etc will suddenly be hard to deal with simply because we're not in the EU.......nope, the world will continue to turn and trade deals will continue as well, in and out of the UK. You really think Ireland will cease to trade with the UK, or France, or Germany, or the US........it just won't happen. People do realise that the US trade with Canada, Australia and China and neither of them are in the EU!
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  9. #9
    Brotherhood
    Hired_Merc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    7,597
    Crypt Cash
    2,010.23
    Thanks
    571
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Absolute bullshit, scaremongering by the pro EU brigade......so one of the worlds biggest importers of BMW, Volkswagen, etc will suddenly be hard to deal with simply because we're not in the EU.......nope, the world will continue to turn and trade deals will continue as well, in and out of the UK. You really think Ireland will cease to trade with the UK, or France, or Germany, or the US........it just won't happen. People do realise that the US trade with Canada, Australia and China and neither of them are in the EU!
    And the US also trades with the EU. If we back out of EU, they'll be less inclined to trade with the UK. Then we're left with even fewer options to trade. The economy will take a hit for sure. To think otherwise is simply illogical. Might not be a huge hit, but it'll still take a hit and that's not something can afford right now. Not only that, but take into consideration the jobs abroad, traveling in general, and just general influence in the world are all made easier with the EU.

    Plus majority of people literally want to leave so we don't accept any "Foreigners" into "Our" country. It's just racist dumb BS.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

  10. #10
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    57,009
    Crypt Cash
    2,045.57
    Thanks
    6,652
    Thanked 5,549 Times in 4,803 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    And the US also trades with the EU. If we back out of EU, they'll be less inclined to trade with the UK. Then we're left with even fewer options to trade. The economy will take a hit for sure. To think otherwise is simply illogical. Might not be a huge hit, but it'll still take a hit and that's not something can afford right now. Not only that, but take into consideration the jobs abroad, traveling in general, and just general influence in the world are all made easier with the EU.

    Plus majority of people literally want to leave so we don't accept any "Foreigners" into "Our" country. It's just racist dumb BS.
    The hit will be minimal and only very short term, why would the US suddenly cease trading with the UK just because we're not in the EU, that's just illogical.......what they trade with us for now and vice versa, will remain, they have a need for what we have, and us with them........that won't change just because we are back to having what they have, our own sovereignty, the ability to use our laws and for them to be final, to create rules and for them not to be overridden by a EU bureaucrat, to have borders that mean they are borders to stop allowing people free movement into this country, vet them first. I am 100% in favour of immigration, but I hate this idea that people who need help can't come here and are demonised as spongers, whilst we allow people who don't need help to come and go as they like.......by closing borders, we can allow more people the help they need.

    I also hate how people saying not wanting more immigrants is dumb racist bs.........no it is not. That's using the racist card to the extreme. Yes there are people who are racist and hate immigrants on that basis alone, but it's just not true that to be anti immigration is racist.

    Anyhow, the biggest problem we have in this country with illegal immigration is the one that nobody talks about, Australians. Over 60% of the illegal immigrants in the UK are Australian who stayed beyond the term of their visas.......but nobody talks about that, they use the racism card to hide that and demonise the people who actually need help.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to BluenoseGreig For This Useful Post:

    Kickass32 (05-22-2016)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •