Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackzillians:: Are they the worst camp in MMA??

Crypt Cash
    Thanks

Blackzillians:: Are they the worst camp in MMA??

By Red Tex
    MMA Crypter

Now before you say he is crazy, someone please tell me who has actually gotten better since training at that camp?? I keep hearing about this camp, but have never heard of any legendary coaches being over there. I know Rashad is one of the main guys there, and he's probably the only one over there that has arguably gotten better, but Rashad's only had one great win since then which was against Tito. His other win was "meh" and then he was dominated.

I'm not talking about Rashad though, but more about guys like Guillard, Meathead, Rumble Johnson, Santiago, and a few others that sure as hell haven't been impressive at all since training there. I have yet to see one guy out of that camp look any better since training there. That camp is loaded with all these big name guys, but has yet to show anything for it. Guillard had the best winning streak of his career, and then went over there and has looked like shit ever since he left a real trainer in Greg Jackson. People can bash game plans and everything, but smart fighters are generally taught by smart coaches. All I see are a ton of big name guys and great athletic fighters over there either getting worse or staying pat.

I hope that I don't see anymore of my favorite fighters going over to that camp.
    Last edited by Rich Davie; 01-01-2013 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Added Blackzillians' Logo

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Red Tex For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (01-01-2013),JCota (01-02-2013),Misfit (01-01-2013),MMA Guru (02-03-2013),Rich Davie (01-01-2013)

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,698 Posts
    Good point Red.

I added the Blackzillians' Logo to the 1st post.

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    I know a guy like Jimmo calls them a part time home and he's got huge upside but I really don't know how much that falls on the BlackZillians or not. But you are right Red, it's a very iffy camp but it's also a very new camp.
    Don't call it a comeback...

Mod (aka)                     MMA Crypt's Sexiest Beast
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    This is so true, I agree that i hope no one else guys there, who even opened this gym?
    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

Brotherhood
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Didn't Vitor go there as well? Not sure if he improved any or it's just his already natural abilities. He did better than most thought against Jones. I have say the verdict is still out there, can't really make full judgement yet since its relatively new. Though they have yet to produce any real results. Have to agree that Guillard should've stayed with Jackson as much as I hate to admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    God I would love to pee in her butt.

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,698 Posts
    I bumped this thread to the front page.

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    the problem with the blackzillians is that they have made an effort to get so many good fighters there but they have just not bothered to bring in any good coaches, just because you are a good fighter it does not mean you will be good at teaching other fighters

Lead Moderator        There can be only one...
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,459 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Tex, you beat me to it, I was actually going to write up a thread on the same point. I can't recall any fighters looking as if they are better due to signing up at the Blackzilian camp. To me it seems like these guys are ther because they don't like to be told what to do, all mavericks who think they know best......ie they feel they don't need a top level coach. However I can see the camp start to fracture in the next year as guys keep losing, will need to look for help, real help, or they will start being cut by the UFC.
    Don't tell me what I wanna hear, Afraid of never knowing fear, Experience anything you need, I'll keep fighting jealousy, Until it's fucking gone, And I've got this friend, you see, Who makes me feel and I, Wanted more than I could steal, I'll arrest myself, I'll wear a shield, I'll go out of my way to prove I still, Smell her on you.

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Somewhat agree, However I do think Anthony Johnson has gotten better..................and is Mario Sperry not a coach with the 'Zillians??? He is most definatley world class.
    How do you tell a communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin. Ronald Reagan
    "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence." Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

Lead Moderator        There can be only one...
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,459 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Somewhat agree, However I do think Anthony Johnson has gotten better..................and is Mario Sperry not a coach with the 'Zillians??? He is most definatley world class.
    Has he though? It seems that he has been told to forget cutting weight to fight where he should be best.....maybe rightly so, but it kind of backs up my point that they are not being pushed very hard.

I didn't realise Sperry was there, just checked it out though and you are right.

Trainers currently at Blackzilians.....

Mario Sperry, Henri Hooft, Roberto Flamengo, Flavius Virginio Da Silva, Paolo Braga, Murcus Silva

Fighters at Blackzilians.......

Notable Fighters
    Don't tell me what I wanna hear, Afraid of never knowing fear, Experience anything you need, I'll keep fighting jealousy, Until it's fucking gone, And I've got this friend, you see, Who makes me feel and I, Wanted more than I could steal, I'll arrest myself, I'll wear a shield, I'll go out of my way to prove I still, Smell her on you.

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BluenoseGreig For This Useful Post:

Rich Davie (01-01-2013)