by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jul 13, 2012 at 6:30 pm ET
PORTLAND, Ore. – MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was on scene and reporting live from today's official "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy" fighter weigh-ins.
All 18 fighters hit the scale to make their bouts official, and while Strikeforce middleweight champ Luke Rockhold originally missed weight, he quickly came back to rectify the issue.
Rockhold was one-half of a pound over the 185-pound limit on his first attempt but came back to the scale less than 20 minutes after the official ceremony and hit the mark.
Lorenz Larkin also initially weighed one-half pound over the allowable middleweight non-title fight limit of 186 pounds but came back shortly after the official ceremony and made his fight with Robbie Lawler official.
Today's festivities took place at Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Ore., the same venue that hosts Saturday's event.
In addition to the middleweight title fight, Saturday's event features a bout between Tyron Woodley and former UFC fighter Nate Marquardt for a welterweight title vacated by Nick Diaz this past year.
The "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy" weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (Showtime)
- Champ Luke Rockhold (185)* vs. Tim Kennedy (184.5) - for middleweight title
- Nate Marquardt (169.5) vs. Tyron Woodley (169.5) - for vacant welterweight title
- Roger Gracie (186) vs. Keith Jardine (185.5)
- Lorenz Larkin (186)# vs. Robbie Lawler (186)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Showtime Extreme)
- Pat Healy (156) vs. Mizuto Hirota (156)
- Ryan Couture (155.5) vs. Joe Duarte (155.5)
- Jorge Masvidal (155.5) vs. Justin Wilcox (156)
- Jordan Mein (170) vs. Tyler Stinson (170.5)
- Jason High (171) vs. Nate Moore (171)
* - Rockhold initially weighed 185.5 pounds but came back after the official ceremony and registered 185 pounds
# - Larkin initially weighed 186.5 pounds but came back after the official ceremony and registered 186 pounds
For more on "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy," stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Tim Kennedy)