by Dann Stupp on Jun 04, 2012 at 4:00 pm ET
The Nevada State Athletic Commission has suspended both "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" champion Michael Chieaa and preliminary-card fighter Pat Schilling six months after this past weekend's UFC event, officials today confirmed via email withMMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).
Both competed at The Ultimate Fighter Live Finale on June 1.
Chiesa (left-hand injury) and Schilling (right-hand and right-shoulder injuries) each can be cleared early by a physician.
The Ultimate Fighter Live Finale took place at The Pearl at Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas. FX aired the main card while FUEL TV and Facebook carried the prelims.
Chiesa submitted lightweight Al Iaquinta in the co-main event to win this season's "TUF" crown, and Schilling dropped a lopsided unanimous decision to fellow featherweight Max Holloway during the prelims.
In the headliner, Martin Kapmann knocked out fellow welterweight contender
Jake Ellenberger. Kampmann has been shut down two months due to facial lacerations, and Ellenberger has been sidelined a month for precautionary reasons.
The full list of TUF Live Finale medical suspensions included:
Martin Kampmann: Suspended until Aug. 1 with no contact in training until July 17 due to facial lacerations Jake Ellenberger: Suspended until July 2 with no contact until June 23 for precautionary reasons
- Michael Chiesa: Suspended until Nov. 29 to a possible left-hand injury, though a doctor can clear him early with X-rays
- Pat Schilling: Suspended until Nov. 29 to possible right-hand and right-shoulder injuries, though a doctor can clear him early with X-rays; regardless, suspended until July 2 for precautionary reasons
- John Cofer: Suspended until Aug. 1 with no contact until July 17 for precautionary reasons
- Chris Tickle: Suspended until July 17 with no contact until July 2 due to left-eye and lip lacerations
- Sam Sicilia: Suspended until July 17 with no contact until July 2 due to a lower-lip cut
- Cristiano Marcello: Suspended until July 17 with no contact until July 2 for precautionary reasons
- Jeremy Larsen: Suspended until July 17 with no contact until July 2 for precautionary reasons
For more on The Ultimate Fighter Live Finale, including official event results, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.
(Pictured: Michael Chiesa)