Thread: Source: Jon Jones Capture of Robber Was a Staged PR Move

Crypt Cash
    Thanks

Source: Jon Jones Capture of Robber Was a Staged PR Move

(A picture says a thousand words…like, “Why is there a SPIKE TV camera man’s reflection in the windshield of that car?”)
    When Jon Jones unbelievable story of chasing down and capturing a thief in the hours prior to his UFC 128 championship bout with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua made the rounds, it seemed like an unbelievable story. Well, at least one source claims that the incident was a staged PR move to designed to get the UFC light heavyweight and the sport of MMA more mainstream press.
    Mission accomplished.
    Thanks to the Zuffa creative team, who are said to have cooked up the plot to the fake robbery that took place Saturday afternoon outside of in New Jersey park, Jones was invited to appear on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night to talk about his incredible crime fighting tale.
    The photo below above was allegedly taken at the scene seconds after Jones and his trainer Greg Jackson “apprehended” the suspect.
    Besides the obvious plant of “The Golden Voice Hobo,” who just happened to be on the scene, there were a few clues that should have tipped us off that this was a SPIKE TV collaboration.
    Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:
    Look for the footage of in the next episode of Jon Jones: In the Moment.
    (Source)
    ———-
    *Editor’s Note: Due the surprisingly large number of readers who felt that this obviously satirical story was real, we felt the need to add the following disclaimer:
    Some conspiracy theorists started the absolutely ridiculous rumors that the UFC staged the robbery incident involving popular UFC lightweight champion Jon Jones to increase his star power. In an effort to point out the lunacy of this notion that Jones needed a push when his star power is at an all-time high, we posted the lampoon piece above in which we (perhaps too subtly) pointed out progressively more obviously doctored aspects of the photograph for comedic value. Since so many people took the piece to heart (perhaps due to being Rick-Rolled), we felt it was necessary to ruin the punchline to clarify how satire works. It was either this explanation or a photo of a herd of sheep, but we felt the photo would have been misconstrued to mean something related to bestiality and we didn’t want PETA to ban us from their events.
    For those who don’t follow:
    1. There was NO SPIKE TV camera man on the scene.
    2. There was NO boom microphone in the photo.
    3. Burt Watson WAS NOT the robber and his head IS NOT on backwards.
    4. There WAS NO second shooter.

Source

This was really funny, I'm sure the Sherdog idiots were all over this.

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    I was like what a shitty thing to do ......till the end.
    "Originally Posted by Rich Davie "
    I'm not interested in anything Brock Lesnar that doesn't have something to do with him getting his ass beat !
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I think Sonnen could talk his way into the pearly gates right after performing an abortion on Mary...

Damn, did I say that out loud???
    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    I got a good laugh out of it myself.

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Ha funny, but seriously it turns out the robber was Tito thats why he got pulled from Fight Night Seattle he has been on a crime spree(cut my ass) and thankfully Jon Jones has put a stop to it.

Crypt Administrator
    Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    See, that's funny. I got at least 5 people tweeting me about how this story was BS or Photoshopped. I tweeted back telling them it's a joke, laugh for a bit. Some fuckers are just wrapped way too tight. I thought it was damn funny, of course I did the WTF for a second but damn people. Get over it. And that's towards the Twitter folks out there.
    Don't call it a comeback...

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Not really surprised haha

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I respect different sexual orientations, but I advise him not to touch me... - Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic

Jon Lober said he wanted to strangle me like Jonbenet Ramsey. I found that pretty crude...so I kicked the shit out of him... - Frank Shamrock

I've been doing this since BJ was in his father's nutsack - Renzo Gracie

Tim Sylvia! Hahaha...no, it didn't last very long. - Fedor Emelianenko

Yes, I remember stomping his face. - Badr Hari

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    See, that's funny. I got at least 5 people tweeting me about how this story was BS or Photoshopped. I tweeted back telling them it's a joke, laugh for a bit. Some fuckers are just wrapped way too tight. I thought it was damn funny, of course I did the WTF for a second but damn people. Get over it. And that's towards the Twitter folks out there.
    jon jones is my favorite fighter, and i was laughin lol i thought it was halerious at first i was like "wtf??? WTF?!?! WTF?!?!!?!?!?" then i read the end and was laughing... nice one

Crypt Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMike76 View Post
    I was like what a shitty thing to do ......till the end.
    It had the same reaction on me.